I really wanted to do my parsha project on this section. The girls and I had a long talk about jealousy; when we feel that way and what we do about it. I thought about science projects on earthquakes, but couldn't find any I considered cool enough.
In the fifth aliyah, G-d proves Aharon's status by miraculously causing his staff to blossom with almonds. The sweetness of this miracle inspired the making of sugared almonds!
- 5 cups whole almonds
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Add vanilla to egg white and beat until frothy.
- Add almonds to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Then pour cinnamon sugar mixture onto almonds and toss to coat.
- Spread sugar coated almonds on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Let cool and try not too eat them all in one sitting.
Before bed, Cohava said, "I hope Abba doesn't get hungry in the night and eat all of our almonds. But, if he does, we will make more tomorrow!"
Maybe I will eat them all. They are amazing,